Video: Kristen's Interview with Parade.Com *Updated with Video*



Not all the questions below are in this vid.

Parade.com Kristen Stewart: I Never Needed 'The Talk'
by Jeanne Wolf
Kristen Stewart takes one more step toward immortality in The Twilight Saga: Eclipse. She's put her own stamp on Bella, who's determined to take a walk down the aisle and spend eternity with her vampire lover Edward, played by Robert Pattinson.

Stewart told Parade.com's Jeanne Wolf that, just like her character, she's grown a lot since Twilight first became a cultural phenomenon. But some things haven't changed.

Honesty is the best policy, no matter what.
"I've always said that I'm not ashamed of anything that I say because I'm always being honest, even though you can definitely make mistakes. That's Bella in a nutshell, so I can completely relate to her. I think it's a good thing to be proud of who you are, no matter what. Success is always something completely different for different people. I feel like I've succeeded if I'm doing something that makes me happy and I'm not lying to anybody. That's why I feel really good about myself right now."

So does her romance with RPattz go beyond the screen?
"It's hard to actually take details of your personal life and apply them in a scene because as much as you can identify with a feeling, you just get muddled. As soon as you start bringing your own stuff in, it's like, 'No, that's not right.' You're playing a different person. You have to leave that stuff at the door."

Kissing him onscreen wasn't the problem.
"One of the most challenging scenes was probably finally kissing Jacob for the first time. Bella has got such tunnel vision that Edward is the only thing for her. That's a strange perspective. So when Taylor Lautner and I kissed, it felt like such a different dynamic. I was nervous as hell."

Relating to Bella's dad talking about the birds and the bees.
"It was funny the way Bella got so embarrassed in that scene. I guess a lot of girls do because they probably don't need that lecture. I probably had that moment. I guess that everybody does. But I knew everything, from the word go. I was really mature, that way. So, I never really had 'the talk.' I didn't need it."

Giving in to fame.
"I've definitely relaxed because I've like sort of just relinquished control. There's nothing I can do, but who I am, or whatever. It used to freak me out. I still wish I could tell myself to just like calm down. But that's it."

Glamming up for the red carpet.
"I'm definitely having more fun with it. Usually, if I don't like what I'm wearing, you totally know it. It's like written all over me. That's why I have to make sure I get it right for me. I'm much more comfortable with my dress choices now. I feel like it's actually like I'm wearing clothes that I would wear, and not like I'm wearing weird things to events that hardly function as clothing."

Looking forward to Breaking Dawn.
"I really can't wait to get into it because I've been on the outskirts of what it would feel like to play a vampire. It's been years of dealing with these issues and I've thought about it a lot. It's going to be a trip. It's going to be weird. I think Bella is going to be the coolest blood sucker of all of them. She's got the greatest power. She's untouchable. She's impenetrable. I think it'll be awesome to see how much she's changed from Twilight, where she was this 17-year-old kid who really didn't care about a whole lot. Now, she's going to become the matriarch."

Looking ahead.
"I don't really plan out my career a whole lot. My choices come from the gut. I need to have a really distinct feeling before I do a movie, and I never know what that's gonna be. So far, I've chosen really different things. I know some people think I've played a lot of disaffected teen-age girls, but that's sort of how girls are at that age. I think to play a completely mindless happy person would be mindless and fun and happy, but boring."

via KStewDevotee
Video source