Kristen's Interview with Le Figaro- France. Cannes Interview

Photobucket Le Figaro (Google translate)) At 21, the star of Twilight is in official competition at Cannes. She vampirizes the screen in the role of Marylou, the heroine of On the Road by Walter Salles, the adaptation of the novel by Jack Kerouac.

LE FIGARO -You compete in Cannes On the road from Walter Salles . And Robert Pattinson with Cosmopolis of David Cronenberg . Between you it is competition or rather a game?

KRISTEN STEWART – (laughs) Between us there is no problem! And we consider it as a game. It’s so incredible, unthinkable, crazy ending up the same year in Cannes, in competition, as we have just finished Twilight ! It’s strange …


Fate?
- (Laughs). I don’t know. Maybe …



What led you to the film by Walter Salles On the road , adaptation of the work of Jack Kerouac ?
I’ve been attached to this project for five years. I read the novel by Jack Kerouac at 15. It was on my list of books at school to read. Instinctively, I immediately selected it. This is the first book to have lit a flame in me and giving me a taste for reading. So, it all began with Jack!

What do you think Marylou, the heroine who was inspired by LuAnne Henderson?
She was never afraid of anything. For many young girls, including myself, often our actions are guided by fear. Even today, she would be considered unique. She had an ability to love, a generosity of spirit. She was not a rebel or persuaded to be a pioneer or avant-garde. She was just herself.

Filming of Twilight is over. Chapter 5, Part 2 Revelation , released November 14. Relief?
We redid the catch because I had hurt myself. Then, we will promote for its release. I’ll have to talk about Twilight to end my day! I’m sure! Twilight represents a long and important part of my life.
via kstewartnews kstewangel